Wednesday 3 February 2016

The Potency of God's Word 1 - The Living Word

"For the word of God is living, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart"
Hebrews 4:12.

The above Bible verse is one of my favourite Bible verse, the word for word content of this Bible verse electrifies me every single time I read it. But before I get into this exciting verse let me share with you my experience in Bible School (Dunamis School of Ministry) a couple of years ago.

Before bible school in my own opinion I was a knowledgeable believer but as the Bible says “But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shines more and more unto the perfect day. [Proverbs 4:18]”, I later discovered my path had indeed became explosively brighter. My understanding reached higher heights, my soul (my mind, will and emotions) was positively transformed, my enthusiasm reached sky high and my spirit was strengthened lecture by lecture. Up until date I am yet to recover from that impact. I believe what I experienced where benefits embedded in the above scripture.

Within the next few days, we will be going through s series titled “The Potency of God’s Word” as we trust that the Holy Spirit breaks down His Word for further understanding.

Ok, let me go straight into today’s message, in Heb. 4:12 the first word of description is “ALIVE”. This brings me to a sup-topic;

 The Living Word
As difficult as the world doesn’t seem to understand, the Holy Bible is not just some old book, He *yep! you heard that right, He* is not only the bestselling book of all time, He is not just an ancient book field with wise sayings and principles neither is He just an interesting story book, He is the Word of God and He is God [John 1:1]. The Holy Bible was, is and forever will be relevant to every time and season. [Psalm 119:89].

What makes the Bible the Living Word?
The Amplified version of Hebrews 4:12 say, “For the word of God is living and active”. In other words the Word of God is living, active, vigorous and animate.

How?

1. The Word of God is ever relevant.

Let me share with you 3 amazing facts of the Bible
A) The Bible actually contains principle and precept on every single issue of life. *You can test it by commenting on absolutely any issue and I will give you a Bible verse that relates to it*

b) The Bible was written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit over a 1600 year period through approximately 40 men. The time of the writing was from 1500 BC to AD 100 and interestingly there are no contradictions in the Bible.

c) The Bible contains more than 3,200 prophetic verses which have been fulfilled during and after the period in which it was written, even till modern times.

So you see no experiment, research and theory can deny that the Bible is the Living Word.

2. The Word of God imparts strength
Last week Wednesday, I misplaced my driver’s license and my debt card, the following day I drove without the license on my way to the repairs to fix my phone, I was stopped by the police and I had to pay my way out. The next day been Thursday, on my return from repairs (which wasn’t successful) existing the parking lot, I broke the side mirror of a lady’s car and she demanded I repair it. So I had to compensate her which I did. After settling that mess heading to church again I was caught without the license and again I paid. Feeling all battered, sad and annoyed of myself for my acts of carelessness, I busted into tears and then I prayed a simple prayer, “Lord I am not happy and I don’t know how you’re going to do it, but use the Senior Pastor through your Word and heal this pain I feel inside now”. When the Word was ministered within a few minutes it hit straight into my heart and instantly I felt relieved and energized.

The Word of God energizes, as a matter of fact, I believe as you this you can feel a fresh sense of energy, isn’t that amazing! No wonder 2 words (Come forth) from Jesus restored, revived and energized a lifeless Lazarus [John 11:43].

Can you please at this moment appreciate God for His Living Word! Halleluiah!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment